The above image is copied from Google Images
This is my all time favorite rice item to serve for guests and even if i don't have any guests, i just invite some to my place and will prepare this for myself ........ as this a very simple item with very few ingredients .......
What we need :
2 cups of Rice
4 Green Chilies
1/4tsp of Turmeric powder
some Cashew nuts
Salt to taste
How to do :
- Soak the rice for 20minutes.
- First we have to start with coconut milk i.e, separate the coconut shell and make milk from the pieces of coconut , just grind the coconut pieces and sieve.
- Now in a pan keep some oil/ ghee ( to your taste) and fry cardamom, cloves, green chillies at last turmeric powder.
- In this add 2cups of coconut milk and 2cups of water add salt to your taste and let it boil.
- Add the soaked rice to this pan and let it cook with a lid over this.
- On the other side fry the cashew nuts in ghee.
- Ones rice is cooked add fried cashew nuts and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any raitha or Aloo kurma. (if you are a non-vegterian you can also have this with chicken too)
Here i have my coconut rice with aloo kurma and carrot raitha which tastes very good ......
Sending this to Arundhati at Served with Love event ..........
St Valentine's Day Event by Priya.........