The above image is copied from Google Images
Bitter gourd has been associated with lowering sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, fights aginst cancer and number of infections , effective in the treatment of psoriasis, generates slimming effects in the body, prevents eye complications, bitter tonic properties made it effective as a blood purifier.
Fresh juice of bitter gourd is good for piles patients.
What we need :
Bitter Gourd - 3/4 no
Tamarind pulp - 1 bowl
Onions - 2 no (chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 no
Red chillie powder - 1 spoon
Jaggery - small piece/ 2tbsp / as per your taste
Salt and Red chillie Powder for enough taste
How To Do :
- Peel the outer layer of bitter gourd. If you peel the layer completely you wont get bitter taste , so as to your taste peel the layer.
- Cut them into pieces and wash them in salt water. So that bitterness will go.
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chillies and chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Add bitter gourd pieces and fry till they turn soft.
- Add red chillie powder, salt and fry for 1min.
- Add tamarind pulp , close the lid and cook for 10min.
- Ones you feel that process is complete and can switch off the flame add jaggery and cook for 2min more.
Here i have my Kakarakaya pulusu with mudda pappu. This tastes good with plan white rice.