Capsicum also called as "bell peppers" , "green / red peppers" , "peperoni" , "paprika" , "Shimla Mirchi" and many more ....
Capsicum has carotenoids, proteins , fats , vitamin A , vitamin C ,
The vegetable encourages healing and helps the body ward off infections , Good for eyes , Smoothens skin , Lowers blood pressure , reduces cholestrol and thus heart attacks , Improves digestion and so good for those suffering from constipation.
The above image is copied from Google Images
What we need :
Capsicum - 3 no Medium size
Rice - 1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/4 spn
Urad dal - 1/4 spn
Coriander seeds - 1 spn
Cinnamon - 1 no medium size
Red chillies - 4 no
Groud Nuts - 1/4 cup
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 spn
Salt to your taste
How To Do :
- Cook rice and keep it a side.
- In a pan with 2 spn oil fry mustard seeds let them splutter, add urad dal, coriander seeds, cinnamon, curry leaves, red chillies.
- Fry groundnuts seperately without oil and peel off the layer.
- Grind these fried ingredients with salt and garam masala.
- In the same pan heat 2spn oil add mustard seeds and fry till they splutter, add curry leaves, chopped capsicum and fry till capsicum becomes soft.
- Add prepared mixture to fried capsicum and cooked rice to this.
Here is my capsicum rice and we tried this with onion raitha, even it tastes good as it is.
Note : Even if you wont peel off fried ground nuts layer doesn't matter, just for the color we peel off the layer.