What We Need :
Urad dal - 1 cup
Idly Ravva - 2cups
Salt to taste
How To Do :
- Soak urad dal and idly ravva for 4/5 hrs.
- Grind urad dal by adding salt and enough water.
- Mix idly ravva to this grinded paste.I prefer to mix this with your hand so that the batter ferments well.
- Keep it a side for atleast 6hrs or overnight for fermentation.
- Now pour the batter into idly plates, cook them on vapour for 8-10 min
Here is my Idly with Onion chutney........
Sending this recipe for FIRST COOKED FOOD EVENT --AUG'09 by Shama.....
My first cooking experiment was Idly , when i first stepped into my married life no one was there to help me or guide me how to manage in the kitchen i just used to call my mother and ask her how to do this and that and soooo ... and my cooking goes through my mobile. On the first day i tried Idly as its a very simple breakfast due to my lack of interest in cooking my Idlies are really really hard to eat, ofcourse later on came to know the wrong steps i have taken , the thing i have to remember on that day is my dear hubby eaten those hard idlies without hurting me ....... now every time i made these idlies we used to remember the first day of making those hard idlies......