What We Need :
Urad dal - 1 cup
Rice - 2 cups
Onions - finely chopped
Water to grind
salt to your taste
How To Do :
- Soak urad dal and rice for 5hrs or overnight.
- Grind them with water and salt as a fine paste.
- Keep the batter a side for 7/8 hrs by closing it with a lid. Mix the batter with hand so that it ferments well.
- If yours is a non-stick pan then make it of your desired shape, usually dosa goea with round or oval shape. Now sprinkle finely chopped onions on top of it and toss the dosa.
- If yours is a normal pan then go through this procedure, cut 1 onion into half and rub the pan with half sliced onion now pour the batter sprinkle finely chopped onions on top of it and make a dosa by pouring 1 spn oil around the dosa and toss it.
So here is my Onion dosa with tomato chutney.......
My commentator(hubby) always asks me to do onion dosa with oil only as its tastes good rather than oil less dosa , so try it that may be yours choice also :) ..........