Methi - 2 bunch
Rice - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Cardomom - 2 no
Cloves - 4 no
Cinnamom - 1inch
Green Chillies - 5 no can be changed to your taste as we dont add red chillie powder
Carrot - 1no small size
Potato - 1no small size
Cashew Nuts - optional
Salt to your taste.
How To Do :
- Seperate methi leaves from the bunch clean and keep a side.
- Soak rice for 20 min.
- Chop carrot , potato and green chillies to length wise.
- In a pan heat oil add cloves, cinnamom, cardomom fry for 1min add green chillies, cashew nuts fry after that add chopped potato , carrot and fry until they are soft now add methi leaves fry for 2min or they become soft.
- Now add 1 cup cocnut milk , 1 cup water, soaked rice and enough salt.
- Cook until done or you can transfer this to electric cooker and cook until it shows warm.
Here is my Methi Pulav can taste it as it is or with any raitha .......
Variety Rice Recipes by Srilekha at Me and My Kitchen........