What We Need :
Rice - 1 cup
Split green gram / Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Pepper powder - 1tsp
Jeera - 1tsp
Ginger - 1 1/2 inch length
Cashew Nuts or any dry fruits of your desired taste - handfull
Water - 6cups
Ghee - 2tsp
Salt to your taste
How To Do :
- Soak rice and dal for 1/2 an hour seperately.
- In a pan add water , rice , dal , salt , pepper powder and let it cook.
- Ones rice is cooked slightly smash the rice with dal spatula(pappu gutti)
- In another pan heat ghee fry jeera, very finely chopped ginger, cashew nuts (or broken cashew)
- Add this to rice and keep on low flame for 2min and switch off the heat.
Here is my ven pongal / hot pongal in tamilnadu style .....
Variety Rice Recipes by Srilekha at Me and My Kitchen........