What We Need :
Maida / All purpose floor - 1cup
Split Chana Dal - 1cup
Jaggery - 1cup can be changed to your taste
Ghee - for frying bobattlu
Oil - for kneading dough
How To Do :
- Make maida dough by adding 3spn of hot oil and remaing with water shoul not too thick as roti dough, somewhat loose to roti dough with enough salt.Cover it with oil so that dough couldnot become dry. We can use this oil later in making bobattlu.
- Knead it atleast for 4-5hrs if more than that also no problem.Even you can make the dough last night and can knead over night also.
- Soak chana dal for 1/2 hr and cook it in a thick bottomed vessel with enough water , ones chana dal is cooked drain the water and add chopped jaggery to this, when you add jaggery flame should be low, try to stir continously with a spatula until jaggery melts and switch off the heat.
- Ones the sweet mixture cool make it to paste either by grinding or using a spatula.
- Add elaichi powder to this mixture and make them into balls and keep aside.
- Now take the maida dough of a small portion and keep the sweet mixture ball on this and cover the sweet ball with maida (as we do for stuffed parathas) , now on a banana leaf / plastic paper flatten it with your fingers to a round shape make sure that sweet filling doesnt come out. While doing this process apply oil to your hands and to the plastic paper also.
- Heat a tawa add ghee to this and fry bobattlu on both sides until golden brown color by adding a little ghee on both sides.