What We Need:
Bread - 6 slices
Potato - 1no medium size
Coriander Powder - 1/8 spn
Green chillie - 1no
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
Onion - 1no medium size
Tomato - 3no medium size (boiled and pureed)
Red Chillie powder - 1 spn
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 spn
Garam masala powder - 1/2 spn
Salt to your taste.
How To Do:
- Pressure cook potato and smash.
- Cut the edges of bread, smash to powder and mix with smashed potato along with coriander powder, finely chopped green chillies, salt if needed can add a little water to make it a dough to make them into balls.
- Heat oil for deep frying, fry bread balls till they turn to golden brown color and keep a side.
- Boil tomatoes and grind them to paste.
- In a pan heat 1spn oil and fry chopped onions till transculent, fry ginger garlic paste until the pungent smell go away. Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chillie powder, garam masala powder, salt let it cook till it leaves the vessel.
- Now add enough water and let it cook till the desired consistency.
- Now add fried kofta balls into this gravy and serve hot.
Here is my Bread Kofta Gravy curry which can be tasted with any type of rotis, rice or any fried rice too .....
There are so many varieties of preparing koftas and out of these i love malai kofta but my husband is a big health holic ;) he always want everything healthy and i always want everything heavy tasty food. With this bread koftas both of us are happy :)