What We Need :
Ridgegourd - 1/2 kg
Onion - 1 medium size
Green Chillies - 2no
Red Chillie powder - 1/2 spn
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 spn
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 spn
Curry leaves - a sprig
Oil - 1 spn
Cilantro - optional
Salt to your taste
How To Do :
- Peel outer layer of ridgegourd, dont throw this in dustbin we can make dosa with this outer layer for procedure click here .
- Chop ridgegourd into small pieces, keep it a side.
- In a kadai heat oil add mustard seeds & cumin seeds , split green chillies, curry leaves ones they start splutter, saute chopped onions, add chopped ridgegourd pieces and keep lid on for 5minutes. Water starts woozing out from ridgegourd and let that dry out.
- Now add salt, red chillie powder, turmeric powder. Fry for another 5minutes.
- Switch off the flame add finely chopped cilantro and keep lid on top of it.
It goes well with rice.
Most of the time my granny makes this curry when we suffer with constipation problem this ridgegourd helps our digestive system.
When ur health is not good and doctor suggests you to take light food this would be perfect for you.