What We Need:
BitterGourd - 5no
Red Chillie Powder - 3spn
Garlic Pods - 20no
Salt - 3spn
Mustard seeds - 1/2spn
Jeera - 1/2spn
Urad dal - 2spn
Chana dal - 2spn
Curry Leaves - 5springs
Oil for deep frying
How to Do:
- Slightly peel the bittergourd outer layer with knife, make it to half and slightly slit on one side and peep salt along the bittergourd and keep it a side for half-an-hour.
- After half-an-hour take a piece of bitter gourd into hand, using both the palms squeeze the water, by doing like this bitter taste will come out along with salt water. Repeat the same procedure for all the 10pieces.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan and fry these 10pieces until they turn dark brown color on low flame, it takes almost 10-15minutes.
- Taste the fried bittergourd for salt to be added.
- Now grind red chillie powder, garlic pods.
- In a pan heat 3spn of oil add mustard seeds ones they start splutter add jeera, urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves, ones they fry add deep fried bittergourd pieces and grinded red chillies garlic powder and fry for another 5minutes.
Here is my Kakarakaya Karam Fry tasted this as a side dish with sambar rice........
In this you find more Chillie Garlic Powder, you can use this for dippings into Dosa, Idly.......