What We Need :
Green Gram - 1 cup
Green chillies - 2 no
inger - 1 inch size
Onions - 2no
Red Chillie powder - 2 spn
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Tamarind Pulp - 1cup can be changed of your taste
Oil / Ghee - 2spn
Cilantro -handfull of leaves
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Salt to your taste
How To Do :
- Soak green gram over night or for 5 hrs.
- Grind it with green chillies and ginger using water.
- Keep a pan heat 1spn oil/ghee make a thick pesarattu on a small flame until the color changes. This may take 5-10 minutes time depends on the flame.
- Toss it and let it fry on the other side also. Make a thick pesarattu for the stew.
- In a pan heat 2spn of oil fry green chillies of 2 no , length wise chopped onions , curry leaves until onions are golden brown color.
- Now add red chillie powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry 1 more minute.
- Now add tamarind pulp with 1cup of water and let it boil until oil seperates.
- In the meanwhile cut your pesarattu into your desired pieces or as shown in the picture.
- One you feel that the stew is done add these pesarattu pieces to the stew and let it boil for one more minute and keep it a side until the pieces absorb all the stew into it.
- Add cilantro to it.
Here is your Pesarattu Stew/Pulusu that really tastes good with white rice......