What We Need :
Urad Dal - 1 cup
Rice - 2 cups
Water to grind
Salt to your taste
How To Do :
- Saok Urad dal and rice for 5hrs or overnight.
- Grind them with water and salt as a fine paste.
- Keep the batter a side for 7/8 hrs by closing it with a lid. Mix the batter with hand so that it ferments well.
- If yours is a non-stick pan then make it of your desired shape, usually Dosa goes with a round or oval shape.
- If yours is a normal pan then go through this procedure, cut 1 onion into half and rub the pan with half sliced onion now pour the batter and make a dosa by pouring 1 spn oil around the dosa and toss it.
Here i have my Plain Dosa with Groundnut chutney, Papaya cubes, Aloo Bendi curry. You might be thinking what is this combination of Aloo Bendi, papaya cubes and chutney. As i have prepared this Dosa for dinner , aloo bendi for lunch and coming to papaya cubes ....... hmmmmm my hubby asks for fruits in dinner compulsary so thats the reason i have created a different combination like this , even though this combination has a great taste too.......
Tip : While soaking urad dal and rice you can also add 1spn methi seeds / fistful of poha OR while grinding you can add a fistful of cooked rice OR 2/3 ice cubes while doing the dosa......